Chestnuts Community Centre is under threat of closure – Chestnuts people say No!
Come and have your say at the Consultation and Festive Fair – organised by the community: food, stalls, performances, kids activities, free bike repairs and music
Saturday 13th December 2014
11.00 – 4/00pm
280 St Ann’s Road
• Haringey Council want to close Chestnuts Community Centre on the 31st December. They plan to take the building from the local community and put it out to public tender.
• This is after 25 years of community service with no direct financial support to the Centre. Haringey Council received over £300k in rent from the community during this period.
• Haringey Council has no idea about the important role that Chestnuts Community Centre plays in the life of the local community or services provided here!THE COUNCIL INTENDS TO CLOSE THE CENTRE ON 31ST DECEMBER 2014! THE CHESTNUTS PEOPLE SAY…NO!PLEASE SUPPORT THE CAMPAIGN TO KEEP THE CENTRE IN COMMUNITY CONTROL BY:
• Signing the online petition at change.org/p/save-chestnuts
• Attending the community led consultation event on Saturday 13th December 2014 (see overleaf for more info)
• Become one of ‘Chestnuts People’ – a diverse group of users and wider community members developing a community plan for the centre
• Lobbying and/or writing to your local councillor and local MP for Tottenham, David Lammy to say ‘No’ to the closure of Chestnuts
• Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter COMMUNITY LED ENGAGEMENT….NOT COUNCIL ‘CONSULTATION’!
• Have your say about what activities you would like to see at Chestnuts
• Join our community-led process to create a Community Plan for Chestnuts.
• Come and meet other Centre users and people from the local area