Tottenham Town Hall, N15
We encourage those attending to speak up loudly for the real needs of our communities – for genuinely affordable housing for local people, expansion of social and community facilities and services, protection for small local businesses, genuine community empowerment.
Many if not most of the views expressed by local people during the Tottenham Future consultation have either been ignored by the Council or are under threat of being bulldozed aside in the frenzy of profit-driven mega-development planned by property developers over the next 20 years…
To enable the Council to demonstrate it is genuine about wanting to work with local people, we have asked them to agree to the following ‘quick wins’:
– Help implement the Wards Corner Community Plan now it has planning permission: renewal rather than the demolition of this vibrant and historic area.
– Scrap the High Rd West proposals for mass demolitions and a Spurs ‘walkway’: create new plans for improvements in partnership with local traders/residents
– Protect Council Housing estates: improvements, not demolitions, displacement and disruption.
– Support community-run Community Centres: give them the extended leases they want, rather than threats of evictions
– Expand health-related services throughout St Ann’s Hospital: to include a new Urgent Care Centre and other facilities on Haringey’s only hospital site, rather than support the selling off of much-needed public land.